This is a six-session community dialogue program that has been exported to cities across the nation and serves as a model for dialogue programs in the U.K. and Europe. Its emphasis is on personal responsibility and self-awareness to enable participants to engage safely with others in honest conversation. Its approach emphasizes:
- Listening carefully and respectfully to each other and to the whole community;
- Bringing people together, not in confrontation but in trust, to tackle the most urgent needs of the community;
- Searching for solutions, focusing on what is right rather than who is right;
- Building last relationships outside our comfort zone;
- Honoring each person, appealing to the best qualities in everyone, and refusing to stereotype the other group;
- Holding ourselves, communities and institutions accountable in areas where change is needed; and
- Recognizing that the energy for fundamental change requires a moral and spiritual transformation in the human spirit.
The credentials you provided are incorrect. Please close this modal box and try again.
If you have forgotten your password, please use our Forgot Password form to retrieve it or register here.